Sunday 16 June 2013

Blah

Not much been happening this week.  Because of this....
We had a lovely visit to Perth last week, catching up with parents, kids and grandkids.  Riley is three today, Happy Birthday gorgeous girl xxx  We saw her a week early, with present opening at mum and dad's house, then off to the train station for a day out at Scitech with Riley, Stevie, Michelle and Paul. 
Alas we also brought home a nice little batch of virus so Steve and I have spent the week coughing, sniffing and being pathetic.  I suppose Scitech, with its hundreds of buttons to push, is a minefield of disease, ah well.  We have both had the stuffing knocked out of us, so lots of resting has occurred.
I did however make some lemon butter yesterday, thanks for the lemons Mum xx 
There was also a Lemon Syrup Cake here, however it disappeared too quickly for photos.  You know, because of all the healthy vitamin C...
Isn't this a pretty dinner, underneath the multicoloured flavourings of spring onion, chilli, ginger, garlic and soy sauce are some hefty chunks of bonito and pike, which were steamed for 13 minutes and was absolutely delicious on a bed of rice.

As much reading time has ensued, I can now announce that I have finally read all five friggin' enormous books in the Game Of Thrones, A Song Of Fire And Ice by George RR Martin.  Far out, what a mammoth session, it took me 6 weeks to get through them, concentrating all the while on the trillions of characters.  It hasn't 'finished' though, and book 6 is in the pipeline.  All this is because we have been watching the Game Of Thrones series and loving them.  I thought if I read the books I would gain greater understanding of who everyone was, alas no, still hard slog to remember all the connections.  I am very pleased that I have finished the books though, quite a conquest methinks!

I had a delightful read yesterday(a one day and finished read, hooray!) of a book recommended by a friend, The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion.  If you enjoy the character of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory then you would enjoy this book too. 

I also downloaded the sample of Dan Brown's new book, Inferno, and after reading two pages, I bought it..... can't wait to settle into that one, I love Dan Brown.  I would have linked all these books to the relevant Amazon page, but as I am doing this blog post at dial-up speed (sigh), it would have taken half an hour to manage that, so I didn't.  Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment